Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014 Digital Project Life Blog Circle... February edition!

Prepare for a long, picture heavy post!  I have been pretty quiet on the blog this past month.  I chose to participate in The Lilypad's 2014 Month of Challenges (MOC)... 31 days of a challenge/layout per day.  I am proud to say I completed the challenge *and* managed to stay current on my January project life pages (I have one week left which technically ends today, I will be scrapping tomorrow night after I download pictures from our superbowl party this evening!), but between these two digi endeavors, the blog has had to stay, well, neglected.  I plan to share my PL pages more frequently (ie, as I actually complete them!) going forward.

For those interested, my gallery of the MOC is here.  I looked at every challenge and thought, "How can I use this in my project life scrapbook?"  I was successful more than a few times.  One challenge was a 2 page spread (of course that worked!) and another was "The week" which had a few requirements (dates, labels, journaling), so another 2 page spread!  A couple of other favorites:
This was a "fix an imperfect picture" challenge.  There was a lot of food court action in the background of this duck face picture.
Another challenge became a potential title card which, sadly, I did not use (but may still adjust for the space I've got or adjust the dates and use it later!) because the template I chose for this week did not have a 4x6 title spot.  The challenge was to use 5 alphas in a title.

One other thing I discovered and used is the Instafontmaker app.  I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet that I bought to accompany my Galaxy note 3 phone. It has a Wacom stylus built in and was perfect to create my own handwriting font which I plan to use for journaling this year.  I also want to capture my children's handwriting as well as my husband's.  And the to-do list grows again!

And now, the January pages.  I am really proud of reaching the goal I set to stay current.  I am using Traci Reed Design's Plastic Stitched Grids templates this year and thus far I like the stitching aspect.

Week 1:

Cards, papers Elements - Traci Reed January Pocket Life collection
Photo Overlay - Becky Higgins Just Add Color

Week 2:


Cards, Papers, Elements, Flair - Just Jaimee Storyteller February 2014
Title Font - Bebas Neue
Journaling font - my handwriting

Week 2.5 (we attended a baptism which deserved its own spread - these pages were also part of the Lily Pad month of challenges!)  I seriously can't get over our priest's devilish grin on the second page.  Isn't it great when we can capture someone's true personality in a photo?




Week 3:


Papers/Elements/Cards - Just Jaimee's Live for Today Collab
Date Stamp - Splendid Fiins The Evidence

Week 4:


As I hoped, participating in the blog circle helped me keep current for January.  The next stop in the circle is Lyn over at her blog, Robot Days.  Enjoy the trip!







3 comments:

  1. Wow. Congrats on completing the challenges at The Lilly Pad. Love your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed of you finishing all the challenges! That duck face is adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now you're just showing off. All those challenges and those weekly layouts? Impressive. I just love these!

    ReplyDelete