Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Project Life Blog Circle begins...... NOW!

It's time to start thinking about 2014 project life!  Or, if you're me, you've been obsessing about scrapbooking goals for the new year for quite some time.  (Me, obsess?  Never!)

I'm participating in a blog circle this year.  Each month on the 4th, our fearless readers will be introduced to our pages from the previous month.  I'll link up to the next participant at the end of this post and you can click through to your heart's content to see what we have all been up to.

A little about me... I'm Stacy, married to Chris, and we have three active and fun (read that as crazy and hyper at times) girls: Anna is 6, Julia is 5 and Amelia is 2.  So, yeah.  I'm kinda busy.  I am a stay at home mom who also works from home doing closed captioning for the hearing impaired in the wee hours of the morning so that I can have the rest of the day to keep up with the family.

For this year, I am going to work weekly on digital pocket style pages.  I have not decided if my spreads will be weekly or more chronological/monthly.  I think I may attempt to go with a weekly format and see how it goes for the first few weeks.  I will be using Traci Reed's planner for planning, which can be found here.  I have it printed in a pretty binder from Target and am already using the daily spots to record what we have done and pictures I want to remember to include.

My current plan is to use monthly kits by digital designers to document our days.  Just Jaimee has her monthly storytellers, which are a neat mix of papers, journal cards, elements and artsy/paint-like brushes and stamps.  Traci Reed is also debuting her new monthly pocket life kit tomorrow evening.  And no, I'm not affiliated with either of them in any way, I'm just very excited about the new things they are bringing to the table.

I may also dabble in some <gasp> more traditional pages to showcase larger pictures and play with different styles of doing things.  All in all, I am looking forward to a fun year sharing my scrapbooking experience and, most importantly, getting memories recorded for our family to enjoy.

Here is my cover page:

The template, papers, alphas and elements are all from Just Jaimee's January 2014 Storyteller collection.  I love the colors!

Thanks for visiting!  Your next stop on the blog circle is Kimberlee at Scraps & Sass.  Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous colors. What a fun page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am debating also on whether I will do weekly or monthly. I am going to try weekly, but if I can't keep up, it will revert to monthly. :-) Look forward to seeing more of your work in the blog circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is GORGEOUS! :) Love that you didn't stick with a template and just were creative on your own. Beautiful colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I did use a template from Just Jaimee's January storyteller ... placement of the papers, etc. But I'm getting more and more adventurous and will probably include some more traditional layouts in my album this year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Can't wait to see more from you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great title page! Keep breaking those "rules" and add in 12 x 12 pages. Being a rebel is fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to do something similar this year in staying true to my personality. I'm pretty eclectic and love some things in full 12 x 12 pages, so I got some 12x12 pocket pages to put in once in a while for a whole page to break up the pattern. Thanks for the inspiration! I love the colors you used in the layout too!

    ReplyDelete