Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How did I not know about Traci Reed before now?

I believe I have found a new favorite - tracireeddesign.  She has journal cards, templates (with stitching, without stitching, with stitching and plastic overlays - seriously, where have these been all year for me?!  I'm going to have to go back and redo many of my pages with stitching!!!!) and embellishments that are really realistic.

Here is what I have done so far with several of her product lines.  She has a few "Get Artsy" collaborations over at Sweet Shoppe Designs that you will want to be sure to check out.  They make art journaling in the digital world not only easy, but FUN.

This first layout features cards, alphas and brushes from the Get Artsy: Love collaboration by Traci Reed and Jenn Barrette.  When I saw the pinks, I knew I had to have it to record the memory of my 6 year old's Christmas ballet performance.


Template/Overlay: Traci Reed 365Unscripted Plastic Stitched Grids
Cards, Paint, Embellishments/Overlay: Get Artsy: Love by Traci Reed and Jenn Barrette

And then, I found the Old Time Magic collection.  Oh.  My.  Word.  We are, as you may have guessed, a Disney people.  Late this year, our family bought annual passes to Walt Disney World.  Needless to say, let the scrapbooking ensue.  The layout below is a perfect marriage of Traci Reed's Old Time Magic collections with a little Project Mouse by Sahlin Studio thrown in for fun.

Template: 11November13 by Sahlin Studio
Cards/Elements/Brushes: Old Time Magic (various) by Traci Reed and Project Mouse (various) by Sahlin Studio

This final layout is true project life style, with the twist of an added overlay for the feel of using plastics on a physical layout.  Traci's Our Everyday collection has 2x2 and 4x4 square cards in addition to the more traditional 3x4 and 4x6 Project Life sizes.  I was first introduced to using these cards by Becky Higgins' Just Add Color core kit and am so excited to see other designers following suit with more cards and even more templates to use.  I'm always thrilled to find elements from one designer that work well with another, and the photo overlay from the Just Add Color kit worked perfectly with this set.  And the fact that there was a "Family" 4x4 card in the set to use with these pictures?  Priceless.


Template: 365Unscripted Slipins 5 by Traci Reed
Cards/Elements: 365Unscripted Our Everyday by Traci Reed, 365 Unscripted Oh Snap by Traci Reed
Overlay: Just Add Color by Becky Higgins/Digital Project Life

I can't wait to acquire more of the Get Artsy collection and play more with using the art journal style both within Project Life-style and traditional layouts!



No comments:

Post a Comment